About Me

My photo
I am a Merlequin Great Dane and I live in Redlands, CA with my mom and dad. You can also follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GreatDaneMonte

Monday, January 6, 2014

My Fur Sister - Cinderella

When I came to live with Mom and Dad, they were very concerned about me getting along with my kitty sister, Cinderella. So they started cautiously. 
First I met her in her safe place. We were both quite curious with each other.

Then I wasn't allowed to pay too much attention to her, but had to sit still and let her get used to me.

After awhile, we were allowed to get closer to each other, as long as I stayed calm.

She was actually a pretty friendly, brave sissy kitty.

Mom and Dad were very impressed at how well we behaved around each other.



Now days it is a total non-issue. Don't get me wrong... sometimes we have our moments. She gives me her mean face, but I can't hear the noise she is making. And other times I get a little iritated and have to put her in her place. I get in a bit of trouble when that happens. Mom says no matter what she does, I am bigger and always have to leave her alone. Hmmmppphh, I don't like that, but we make up quickly.

Mom say's she learned a lot about how to introduce me to my sissy from our friend Honey and her sissy kitty, Muesli. She still can't watch this video without tearing up. It is so sweet. 

When mom and dad got Cinderella, she was living in a big warehouse with a bunch of other really big doggies all around in crates. So she was used to the bigness and the loudness. Nothing phases my little sister. We both sit and watch the sucky-machine and dad has to make us move when he comes near us. The explosive things in the sky and the big waterbowl in the sky doesn't bother us either. We are a good pair for each other. Mom says it makes her heart pitter-patter even more when she gets to pet us both at the same time.


2 comments:

  1. It's great to have a pal. Bonus for mom when she can pat you both at once.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Monte, we too have a kitty sister but she was already here when we came to live with mum and dad. She is 14 and doesn't like to play but we all get along fine. We wanted to say thanks for the get well wishes for Rory. He is walking unaided now albeit a bit wobbly. He gets stronger every day. Happy New Year to you all. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete